CNNC Operating Virtually: Response to Covid-19
CNNC Current Status
In response to the rapidly changing 2019 Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, CNNC, all of our programs, and our four Community Center sites (Glen Haven, Oakwood Forest, Legacy Crossing & Autumn Trace/Community Enrichment Center) are suspending in-person programs and services as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, and providing services remotely.
This page contains information on how you can access us remotely and ways that you can help immigrants and refugees during this time.
Services & Programs
Access us remotely:
- Contact staff members directly. The CNNC staff directory is here.
- Call our main number, leave a message, & we’ll get back to you as soon as we can: 336-334-5411
- Send us an email at: CNNC@uncg.edu.
Additional program information:
- We are NOT currently accepting new Immigration services clients. Current clients can call our Immigration Services staff regarding their case – 336-256-1065
- All upcoming Interpreter ACCESS Project trainings are postponed until further notice
- All volunteer orientations are canceled and will resume in the coming months
- The AmeriCorps ACCESS Project is still accepting applications for our 2020-2021 program year
- We will do remote, phone/Skype interviews for prospective summer 2020 & fall-spring 2020/2021 internship opportunities. More information on our internship opportunities.
Ways You Can Support Immigrants & Refugees
We know that immigrants and refugees are already vulnerable populations. You can support newcomers in our community during this time by donating:
- Cooking oil
- Salt & flour
- Dry & canned beans
- Individually packaged snacks
- Canned tuna & sardines
- Peanut butter
- Ibuprofen/Tylenol for adults & kids
- Toilet paper
- Cleaning wipes
- Diapers & baby wipes
- Walmart gift cards
Donation request flyer to share on social media, etc. To drop off supplies at our main office, please schedule a time by calling 336-334-5411.
Make a monetary donation to CNNC to continue to support our work during this time.
Additional Resources & Information
- UNCG Novel Coronavirus information
- Guilford County Schools County Schools
- City of Greensboro
- Guilford County Health Department
- Volunteer Opportunities with Covid-19 related needs
- Donate to Local Relief Efforts through United Way of Greater Greensboro
State & Federal Information:
- North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services (NCDHHS)
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Information in Multiple Languages:
- World Health Organization – the entire website can be in Arabic, French, Spanish, & other languages
- CDC Handouts & Info Sheets in Multiple Languages