Application Instructions & Forms
Now Accepting Applications for the 2021-22 service year!
AmeriCorps is a ONE-YEAR COMMITMENT to LEARN, SERVE, and earn a SMALL MONTHLY STIPEND and EDUCATION AWARD while performing community service. Our 2021-22 program year will begin September 9th, 2021 and end August 31st, 2022.
Have questions? See our FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. National, or a lawful permanent resident
- If you are 17 years old, you should obtain/secure your guardian’s signature
- Must undergo National Service Criminal History Checks
- Have a Social Security Card (cannot say “For Work Authorization Only”)
- Have proof of education completed (i.e., high school diploma, GED, college degree, etc.)
- Additional eligibility requirements will depend on the individual partner agencies where members are placed to perform their AmeriCorps service.
12 – Full-Time: Serve 1700 hours over the program year, earn $15,100 in a yearly stipend & $6,345 in education award. Eligible to apply for childcare and free health insurance.
9 – Part-Time: Serve 900 hours over the program year, earn $7,550 in a yearly stipend & $3,172.50 in education award.
Using the Application Cover Page below, please complete and submit the following:
- Application Cover Page
- 2021-22 ACCESS Member Application
- Proof of completion of previous AmeriCorps service term (if applicable)
- Proof of education: Copy of high school diploma, GED, official college transcript or college degree
- Academic Advisor Authorization Form (if applicable)
- Reference Form (see Reference Form Instructions)
You may arrange to drop off your application package in person or mail it to:
AmeriCorps ACCESS Project
Attn: Khouan Rodriguez
915 W Gate City Blvd., Suite A
Greensboro, NC 27403
APPLICANT SELECTION PROCESS
Our objective is to fill all AmeriCorps positions with qualified candidates on a first come, first serve basis. The sooner the applicants submit their completed applications, the greater the chance of securing a position. Please see the selection process below.
- Applicants with completed applications will be referred to the AmeriCorps ACCESS partner agencies based on the AmeriCorps positions indicated on the applications. Applicants will be copied in the referral email.
- Next, the partner agency will reach out to the applicant to schedule an interview or decline to interview based on the applicant’s qualifications.
- After interviewing with the partner agency, the applicant either gets or does not get recommended for an AmeriCorps position specific to the agency that interviewed them.
- If recommended for a position, the applicant has a second interview with the AmeriCorps ACCESS program director.
- After an interview with the program director, a final decision is made whether the applicant is a good fit for an AmeriCorps position. Both applicant and partner agency are notified of this decision.
- All applicants are required to undergo the background screening process and be deemed eligible prior to being offered a position in the ACCESS program.
Click here to see list of DOCUMENTS NEEDED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW
The ACCESS Project does not discriminate against any applicant/employee because of age, sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For persons with disabilities, please contact us for application materials in alternative formats and Essential Functions (which vary by position). Reasonable Accommodations available upon request.
- Khouan M. Rodríguez, Project Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 256-1060