Application Instructions & Forms
Now Accepting Applications for the 2020-21 service year!
AmeriCorps is a ONE YEAR COMMITMENT to LEARN, SERVE, and earn a SMALL MONTHLY STIPEND and EDUCATION AWARD while performing community service. Our 2020-21 program year will begin September 10th, 2020 and end August 31st, 2021.
If you have other opportunities pending, we ask that you WAIT until you hear back from those opportunities before proceeding with your application process.
Have questions? See our FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. National or a lawful permanent resident
- Must be at least 17 years of age with a guardian’s signature
- Must undergo National Service Criminal History Check (including criminal background, sex offender and FBI checks)
- Have a Social Security Card (cannot say “For Work Authorization Only”)
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Additional eligibility requirements will depend on the individual partner agencies where members are placed to perform their AmeriCorps service.
12 – Full-Time: Serve 1700 hours over the program year, earn $14,279 in a yearly stipend & $6,195 in education award. Eligible to apply for childcare and free health insurance (if not already covered).
14- Part-Time: Serve 900 hours over the program year, earn $7,139.50 in a yearly stipend & $3,097.50 in education award.
Apply using My.AmeriCorps.gov
*Please note: If you cannot find the AmeriCorps ACCESS Project on the My AmeriCorps website, please reach out to the ACCESS staff.
After we receive your online application, you will be contacted by email and asked to submit the additional information.
As you prepare to apply to the program, please review the training dates. Throughout the service year, ACCESS members are required to attend service projects and training workshops on several topics. These training dates are a mandatory component of your AmeriCorps service and ACCESS Project participation.
Interviews for the 2020-21 service year will begin April 27, 2020. Our objective is to fill all positions with the most qualified candidates on a first come, first serve basis. The sooner you submit your completed application, the greater the chance of securing a position with our program. Please be aware that applicants may be contacted by service sites for interview prior to an official AmeriCorps interview.
Click here to see list of DOCUMENTS NEEDED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW – (You will need to reschedule if any of these documents are not brought to the interview – PLEASE COME PREPARED!).
The ACCESS Project does not discriminate against any applicant/employee because of age, sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For persons with disabilities, please contact us for application materials in alternative formats and Essential Functions (which vary by position). Reasonable Accommodations available upon request.
CONTACT THE STAFF
Please contact the ACCESS staff should you have any questions:
- Khouan M. Rodríguez, Project Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 256-1060
- Cynthia Mejia, Training Coordinator: email@example.com or (336) 256-1375