Application Instructions & Forms
Now Accepting Applications for the 2022-23 service year!
AmeriCorps is a ONE-YEAR COMMITMENT to LEARN, SERVE, and earn a SMALL MONTHLY STIPEND and EDUCATION AWARD while performing community service. Our 2022-23 program year will begin September 13th, 2022 and end August 31st, 2023.
Have questions? See our FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. National, or a lawful permanent resident
- If you are 17 years old, you should obtain/secure your guardian’s signature
- Must undergo National Service Criminal History Checks
- Have a Social Security Card (cannot say “For Work Authorization Only”)
- Have proof of education completed (i.e., high school diploma, GED, college degree, etc.)
- Additional eligibility requirements will depend on the individual partner agencies where members are placed to perform their AmeriCorps service.
10 – Full-Time: Serve 1700 hours over the program year, earn $16,502 in a yearly stipend & $6,495 in education award. Eligible to apply for childcare and free health insurance.
4 – Part-Time: Serve 900 hours over the program year, earn $8,251 in a yearly stipend & $3,247.50 in education award.
- Apply at: https://americorps.gov/join
- If you don’t have an account with AmeriCorps yet, you will need to register to create a new Member account
- Make sure to submit your application to the AmeriCorps ACCESS Project
- You’ll receive confirmation that your application has been submitted
Using the Application Cover Page, complete and submit documents in the following order as described in step three:
- 2022-23 ACCESS Member Application
- You will need to review the Available Positions and list up to 2 positions that interest you in the designated section of the ACCESS Member Application.
- Proof of education: Copy of high school diploma, GED, official college transcript, or college degree
- Academic Advisor Authorization Form (if applicable)
- Proof of completion of previous AmeriCorps service term (if applicable)
- 2022-23 ACCESS Member Application
- When you have completed step one and are ready to submit application forms in step two, send an email to email@example.com
to request access to a Box folder to upload your application documents. The ACCESS program staff will send you an invitation to share a Box folder in your name where you can upload your application. Never email anything with your personal/sensitive information. The Box is a safe and secure way to share this type of information.
- You may arrange to drop off your application package in person or mail it to:
AmeriCorps ACCESS Project
Attn: Khouan Rodriguez
915 W Gate City Blvd., Suite A
Greensboro, NC 27403
APPLICANT SELECTION PROCESS
Our objective is to fill all AmeriCorps positions with qualified candidates on a first come, first serve basis. The sooner the applicants submit their completed applications, the greater the chance of securing a position. Please see the selection process below.
- Applicants with completed applications will be referred to the AmeriCorps ACCESS partner agencies based on the AmeriCorps positions indicated on the applications. Applicants will be copied in the referral email.
- Next, the partner agency will reach out to the applicant to schedule an interview or decline to interview based on the applicant’s qualifications.
- After interviewing with the partner agency, the applicant either gets or does not get recommended for an AmeriCorps position specific to the agency that interviewed them.
- If recommended for a position, the applicant has a second interview with the AmeriCorps ACCESS program director.
- After an interview with the program director, a final decision is made whether the applicant is a good fit for an AmeriCorps position. Both applicant and partner agency are notified of this decision.
- All applicants are required to undergo the background screening process and be deemed eligible prior to being offered a position in the ACCESS program.
Click here to see list of DOCUMENTS NEEDED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW
The ACCESS Project does not discriminate against any applicant/employee because of age, sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For persons with disabilities, don’t hesitate to reach out for application materials in alternative formats and Essential Functions (which vary by position). Reasonable Accommodations available upon request.
- Khouan M. Rodríguez, Project Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 256-1060