Contact: Maha Elobeid at 336.256.1480
The Glen Haven, Ashton Woods, and Oakwood Forest community centers work to lead immigrant and refugee families to self-sufficiency. The centers provide ESOL classes, employment readiness sessions, American cultural education, social and cultural orientation, and after school tutoring at a variety of times at each center throughout the year.
The three Centers provide:
- ESOL classes (group and one-on-one)
- Employment readiness sessions
- American cultural education
- Social and cultural orientation
- A place to gather for tutoring after school, field trips
- Family-based health and safety classes
- Forums to educate parents in the complex on issues of safety, health, childcare
- Health and sports activities, summer programs
- Family empowerment activities and school and community linkages
- Social work experience for social work interns
- A great opportunity for volunteers
- Community gardening
- Congregational Nurse in two centers
Residents of the Glen Haven, Ashton Woods, and Oakwood Forest Complexes and the surrounding community.
Local university service learning students, interns, community volunteers and the United Way of Greater Greensboro.